For some Frederick features to work properly, you need the latest version of Frederick's DataLink Sync tool installed. This tool allows Frederick to sync data from several auto shop systems.
If you don't already have the tool installed yet, there are additional steps, so please contact support for assistance. These instructions are for updating the tool to the latest version to enable new features, such as Recommended Services.
- Click here to download the DataLink Installer
- Once downloaded, double-click on the file to open the Installation Wizard
- The install should begin, please agree to Terms & Conditions and click Next:
- Click Next again to proceed with installation:
- The installation will now proceed. Once the installation completes, we'll now verify that everything went as expected. You should see a small logo that looks like a blue box appear in the bottom right of the computer in the task bar. Right click on the icon and click on Settings.
- The settings dialog will appear. Please verify that a series of letters and numbers appears in the License field at the very top of this dialog. The DatabaseName and ServerName should also be populated based on your settings.
- Click on Test to test the connection and ensure that the update is successful. The update is NOT completed until the test has been run.
- You'll receive confirmation once the test has completed. That's it! You'll all set to use Frederick's latest features to drive sales at your shop.